Wednesday, July 13, 2005

weeds


There are some monster weeds growing in my flower garden...including a few that look like what Jack climbed to meet up with the Fe Fi Fo Fum giant. The problem I have with weeding is that when weeding I invariably start imagining all of the creatures that might leap out at me while I'm down there heaving and ho-ing at the weeds. One time a toad really did jump on me while I was down on my hands and knees. I haven't gotten over that. And I'm certain that there are other things that might come after me if I start tearing out weeds...snakes, for instance, might slither quickly toward me.

At any rate, I need to weed my wild garden desperately. I need to face my fear nose to nose and I need to just start pulling them up, one by one. I just hope I don't have to face any of those creatures nose to nose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary! I'm not the best gardener and your post describes, exactly, one of the reasons why.

I don't 'do' creepy-crawlies...;)

Michelle