Wednesday, May 31, 2006

smile

This morning as I was adding sugar and cream to my coffee, I noticed a sticker on his forehead.


I thought it was a regular banana sticker and I chose to ignore this bit of silliness. I mean, what really do you say to a fully-grown, dressed-for-a-business-day man with a banana sticker on his forehead, smiling like a fool? Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer. I said to him rather crabbily "I see the sticker." To which he replied, with the ever growing grin stretched cheek to freckly cheek "I'm just following directions."

I think I will make a new sticker for tomorrow's banana that says something along the lines of "Wait until she's finished her first cup of coffee" or "Bring her home a nice little surprise just for her" or "Say something so nice that she will have to sit down to take it all in."

5 comments:

Nel said...

Don't worry Amy, mine would have just had the usual banana sticker and thought it was funny!! Have a great day.

Unknown said...

LOL!!

PS- I *love* your new banner!

Anonymous said...

Well, that made MY day.. at least he had a reason to put the banana sticker on his forehead, because I've seen plenty of people do it without the specific instructions. ;)

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

french bananas need to find some humor!

Anonymous said...

Love the sticker! But your idea is even better!