Wednesday, July 18, 2007

my pink friend


This is my friend Lorraine in her pink palace. Oh what a beautiful place! It's like being inside a candy box. Everywhere you look, there's something sweet and fabulous. Everything has a story and almost everything is pink.
This is the artwork that changed Lorraine's life. Before this, she loved brown and macrame and birkenstocks. This artwork was the advent of her pink life. If you ever talk to my friend Lorraine, you have to ask her to tell you the story.
In Lorraine's stairway, she has this amazing mural, painted by her good friend. The detail and love in this painting is incredible.



Just look at this beautiful lunch! (June, do you see your princess and a pea bed that you made for Club Little House? I brought it to show Lorraine...she couldn't get over it!)

This is just a fraction of Lorraine's Pez Collection!

Lorraine's happy family room...

I love this painting! Here is a gallery showing other work by the same artist

This pink airstream painting was made especially for Lorraine. Here's the blog of the artist.

These sweet ballerina jars were made by Holly.

Just look at this fabulous dollhouse sized chandelier which hangs above the dining table. I love it! I love it!

Her very good friend, Bethann Thornburgh, made this mosaic fireplace for Lorraine...every piece of it has meaning and a connection to Lorraine and her life.
This painting was made by the very same artist. So whimsical and fun!

Now, tell me...is there a thing in the world sweeter than this poppet by Claudine Helmuth?
A little birdie named Lorraine told me that she's now doing these as custom orders! I would love to have a little Amy to hold in my hand and whisper the secrets that I know now but wish I knew then.



29 comments:

Junie Moon said...

Oh, I so love to see someone actively fulfilling their dreams--this is all so wonderful and super imaginative. Yes, I do indeed see my Club Little House Princess and the Pea bed--how fun and I'm tickled she likes it.

Anne said...

Ooooooooo! I wanna live there when I grow up. It's just the most delicious place I've ever seen.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

what a palace! that mural is really something, I love the blowing curtain in it.

pink23 said...

I am tickled by all you have written Amy, thankyou. THe artist is Lila Graves.. and you can google her, or look at one of her galleries at http://www.amerifolk.com/painting/LilaGraves/index.php Isn't she great?

Gracie said...

Such a great blog!

And I love the pink palace. It's so beautiful and special.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous place! Your friend certainly lives the wonderful pink life! XXOO, Beth

Dawn said...

Amy..
That was
one.
yummy.
post.
!!!
:o)

Mélanie said...

the tip top bakers picture is so cute ....

Anonymous said...

WOW! when can i move in??? this is a girls dream.
jessi nagy

www.scrappyjessi.blogspot.com

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

wow! what an amazing home! totally gorgeous and fun!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my....look at that....oh and see that....wow check that out....oh my chicken and stars...holy moly!...it's so lovely! It's like another world.

claudine hellmuth said...

wow! Lorraine's house is awesome! Glad to see my Sitting Pretty Poppet holding the heart in your beautiful photos!

xxxox
claudine

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - I think I died and just found Pink Heaven!!

LindaSonia said...

WoW! it would be like living in a fairyland.

Deb said...

How lovely, especially that mural and the mosaic fireplace. I'm pee green with envy!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I am amazed, stunned and in total awe. Your friend has great style. I could only dream.......Thank you so much for sharing. I am THRILLED to have clicked on your blog.
Ele

macati said...

wait a minute, she is a fairy, right? she must be... you're so lucky... you're a friend of a real fairy!
:D
manela

deb said...

Oh my gosh.. I can look at this post for hours just looking in every corner.

Anonymous said...

I want to lick that couch! It looks like a cotton candy cloud!

Flea Market Queen said...

Oh My...so scrumptious! Loving all the PINK...

Cheryl Ensom said...

What a YUMMY pink house! I love it! It looks so happy and sweet. :) Thanks for showing us. By the way, I SO enjoy your blog and your store! Hugs to you!
Cheryl :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Sweet Amy,

I love Loraine, isn't she so much fun? I've emailed and talked with her a few times and she's bought a few things from me, and I'm always struck by how lovely her emails are. I have to tell you, though, that I didn't make those cute ballerina jars! I don't want to take credit for something someone else did. I DID make the cute ballerina nut-cup baskets you can see in a couple of your photos, though, so that may be what you were thinking of! Just thought I'd let ya know! Love,Holly

Anonymous said...

Amy, you post the most wonderful eye candy! How lucky you are to have so much inspiration--and to share it with all of us. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello!! I just met Lorraine today at Ulla's class of Fairy Tale Altered Books at Castle in the Air here in California. She told all of us about your post. Incredible!! She is SO nice! And now I have found YOU!!
I'll be back to visit!!
Donna O'Brien

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless...and fighting a major case of coveteousness!

Charity

Anonymous said...

I come by way of Ulla. Your blog is so much fun! Lorraine's Pink Palace is every girls dream! It is so happy.

Anonymous said...

Amy! I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Lorraine in person this weekend! When she mentioned her home had just been featured on a blog, I knew instantly it was yours, as I had just peeked in last week! Such a small world!!! We talked on and on about your 'little house' adventures, where your ears burning??? Lorraine is a lovely and charming woman, full of delightful energy and spark! And yes, she was wearing an outfit, that was 'totally' pink!!! Hugs to you!

Mélanie said...

You have a great blog . And I love your friend's pink palaces. it looks incredible
Mélanie xx

Darren Demers said...

Oh, I so love to see someone actively fulfilling their dreams--this is all so wonderful and super imaginative. Yes, I do indeed see my Club Little House Princess and the Pea bed--how fun and I'm tickled she likes it. swarovski bracelet germany , swarovski bracelet usa